But daddy passed away due to liver cancer and hepatitis B. The killer. I remembered he was on his sick bed and I would always make his vanilla flavoured Ensure milkshake, his supplement, everyday. He was so weak that he had to pray while lying down. He lost his weight so much that I could only see his skin hanging loosely on his bones. My mum and I would always accompanied him sleeping together while watching tv. Trips to hospital in and out. After school I had to take mrt to SGH from Paya Lebar. My studies became worst. I could not finished my homework in time. I could not study as much as I could. I failed during my primary 5. But I didn't complain coz I know I can't concentrate. I was tired with those trips.
One morning I was in school, got a call from my teacher that my daddy was really sick that I need to rush home. There he was on his sick bed with his siblings and my mum. The atmosphere was heavy. I changed my uniform and straight to him. I remembered he was thirsty and the only drink he wanted was F&N cherryade. It was after Raya and our cherryade was finished and the only drink we had left was grape soda. He accepted it. Few hours later, we smelt something not nice and we knew we had to change pants. But during changing I saw his face staring at me and suddenly black sediments fluid was flowing from his mouth and nose, I screamed. Atmosphere turned into chaos. My uncle started to recite prayers into his ears and my daddy trying his might to follow it. And I saw his expression changed, he was going, really dying, infront of me, staring at me, gasping for his last breath as Malaikat Izrail was taking his soul form his body.
My daddy passed away on his sick bed on the 23rd of February 1998, a day after my mum's birthday in our living room. Today, it is his 67th birthday. I shed tears while typing these.
Happy 67th birthday, daddy. I love you. I miss you.
1 comment:
It's hard telling stories about our dear loved ones.
Be strong.I believe your dad wouldn't want to see you crying.
I know you are a strong big girl. Recite a prayer for him.
Semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat. Amin.
Post a Comment